We are pleased to announce an update for the macOS release of Affinity Publisher, version 1.10.5
The detailed changes in Affinity Publisher for MacOS 1.10.5 over the release build Affinity Publisher for macOS 1.10.4 are as follows:
Fixes & Improvements:
- Fixed registration failure (will now use the browser to complete registration, rather than attempt it in-app)
- Fixed possible rendering issues with Raster elements
- Optimisation when transforming Text Frames.
- Attempted to fix graphics corruption for some users of earlier macOS versions.
- Import document user details, metadata and text variables from IDML files.
- Improved IDML picture frame fitting.
- Help & localisation improvements.
The major improvements in 1.10 since 1.9 are listed in some detail in this 1.10.0 Publisher macOS update announcement
UPDATING TO THIS VERSION (Free for existing customers)
The software version can be seen on the splash screen and the About dialog (in application menu, Affinity Publisher > About).
If you’ve purchased from the Mac App Store— updates are done automatically next time you run your software after it is available in the Mac App Store. If this does not happen for you, open the Mac App Store app and go to the Updates page and then Store > Reload page or press CMD+R. This should hopefully force the update to show. Apple sometimes phase roll outs around the world which can mean it may take up to 72 hours for your update to be available.
If you’ve purchased from the Affinity Store— each time you start the software it will check for updates and offer to download and install any available update, or in the application main menu there is an option Check for Updates. You can download the latest installer by logging into the affinity store here and find the order in your account and use the "download" button in there. Alternatively, this new release (and previous versions of Affinity Publisher for macOS) can be downloaded from this link (that installer is NOT for Mac App Store purchases and needs a product key).