We are pleased to announce an update for the macOS release of Affinity Publisher 2, version 2.0.4
The changes in Affinity Publisher 2 for macOS 2.0.4 (those made since the last release Affinity Publisher 2 for macOS 2.0.3) are as follows:
Fixes & Improvements: (since the last release 2.0.3)
- Fixed: "Register your licence" prompt appears on every run up when a Mac App Store user doesn't register the license on the Affinity Store.
- App crash upon startup caused by a deleted "Recently Used" file on Catalina
- Fix document setup for Artboard documents in Publisher
- Fix gradual slow down after changing tools many times.
- Some image resources are being replaced by others from the same document when copy/paste was originally used to insert them.
- Text decoration bottom in wrong place (regression, so 2.0.3 docs may need adjustment).
- Fix New Document sometimes showing Letter* instead of A4
- Saving files may reduce file size in some circumstances (example was a 2gb file with no embedded data)
- Placed documents can lose dimensions and appear blank when hosting document is re-opened
- Editing an embedded PDF does not create a History step, meaning changes are lost when closing as no save prompt is shown
- Assorted stability fixes
- Help & localisation improvements.
- Assorted other Licensing and Registration improvements
UPDATING TO THIS VERSION (Free for existing customers)
The software version can be seen on the splash screen and the About dialog (in application menu, Affinity Publisher > About).
If you’ve purchased from the Mac App Store— updates are done automatically next time you run your software after it is available in the Mac App Store. If this does not happen for you, open the Mac App Store app and go to the Updates page and then Store > Reload page or press CMD+R. This should hopefully force the update to show. Apple sometimes phase roll outs around the world which can mean it may take up to 72 hours for your update to be available.
If you’ve purchased from the Affinity Store— each time you start the software it will check for updates and offer to download and install any available update, or in the application main menu there is an option Check for Updates. You can download the latest installer by logging into the affinity store here and find the order in your account and use the "download" button in there. Alternatively, this new release (and previous versions of Affinity Publisher for macOS) can be downloaded from this link (that installer is NOT for Mac app store purchases, which update through the Mac App Store).