We are pleased to announce an update for the MacOS release of Affinity Photo, version 1.10.5
The detailed changes in Affinity Photo for MacOS 1.10.5 over the release build Affinity Photo for macOS 1.10.4 are as follows:
Fixes & Improvements:
- Updated the RAW import library
- Fixed possible registration failures (will now use the browser to complete registration, rather than attempt it in-app)
- Fixed the Overlay Paint Brush incorrectly starting at the edge of canvas.
- Live radial blur could show tiling errors on export.
- Background layer is blurred when re-opening afphoto file.
- Fixed Metal corruption on canvas when using FX.
- Partial fix to the Overlay Paint and Erase Tools (Develop Persona): painting "separated dots" (spacing issues) in small brush sizes.
- Attempted to fix graphics corruption for some users of earlier macOS versions.
- Fixed odd overlay brush behaviour on portrait RAW files.
- Help & localisation improvements.
The major improvements in 1.10 since 1.9 are listed in some detail in this 1.10.0 Photo macOS update announcement
UPDATING TO THIS VERSION (Free for existing customers)
The software version can be seen on the splash screen and the About dialog (in application menu, Affinity Photo > About).
If you’ve purchased from the Mac App Store— updates are done automatically next time you run your software after it is available in the Mac App Store. If this does not happen for you, open the Mac App Store app and go to the Updates page and then Store > Reload page or press CMD+R. This should hopefully force the update to show. Apple sometimes phase roll outs around the world which can mean it may take up to 72 hours for your update to be available.
If you’ve purchased from the Affinity Store— each time you start the software it will check for updates and offer to download and install any available update, or in the application main menu there is an option Check for Updates. You can download the latest installer by logging into the affinity store here and find the order in your account and use the "download" button in there. Alternatively, this new release (and previous versions of Affinity Photo for macOS) can be downloaded from this link (that installer is NOT for Mac app store purchases and needs a product key).