We are pleased to announce an update for the Windows release of Affinity Photo 2, version 2.0.3
The changes in Affinity Photo 2 for Windows 2.0.3 (those made since the last release Affinity Photo 2 for Windows 2.0.0) are as follows:
Fixes & Improvements:
- New Document: Custom Document Preset order is not retained between app sessions
- Placed documents with bleed fail to render the top and left side correctly
- Lens Correction in Develop Persona has no effect on non-Raw files when a Lens Profile is applied
- Quotes can be incorrectly put on newlines and cause text to render differently compared to V1
- Can't place image when recording a macro in Photo V2
- V2 opens raw files slower than V1
- Running a V1 Macro that uses 'Add Image' (Place) crashes app - also applies to Batch Processing
- Importing .JPG and .TIFF files with Keywords only displays the last keyword in the Metadata panel
- Straightening in the Develop Persona offsets the image from the canvas entirely, until developed or crashes
- Exclusion blend mode causing unexpected results on 16bit file layers with blown highlights
- Transform Panel- Differences in panel size when switching between Curve strokes and expanded objects
- Tone Mapping Preset options missing.
- Blemish Tool failing after developing image.
- Develop Persona 'Sync Before' no longer functions
- Lens Correction Mis-Centered for Portrait Orientation Raw Files
- Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S not identified
- Phase One IIQ files are being rendered all black
- Mesh Warp doesn't work with multiple Outline FX.
- Cmd+Z / Ctrl+Z isn't working in V2 apps for adjustments
- Incorrect AF region display for Canon PowerShot G1X Mark III
- White Balance Tool giving different results for Infrared processing.
- Outline Layer Effect is making the anti-aliased edges transparent, rather than blending with the shapes colour
- Fixed Curves adjustment settings panel 'Colour Space' picker being blank when colour space is RGBU
- Crop Tool displays checkerboard when rotating image in Develop Persona.
- The Patch Tool doesn't work with Global Sources & 'Set Global Source' remains greyed out
- Unable to Undo crop after pressing Enter key in Develop Persona.
- Blemish Tool lag in Develop Persona
- Quick Access to Node Tool no longer allows you to insert node (Windows)
- Fixed spurious "future version" error under certain circumstances
- Improvements with PDF Import and Layers
- Fixes for RTF import - font name discrepancies, fields in footnotes
- Some functions in layers context menu should not be available for non-child items.
- Update for HEIF importer
- DWG Import scaling improvements
- Colour Panel now remembers user preference for CMYK documents
- Export Panel UI fixes
- Fixed some tool drawing issues relating to selections across spreads etc
- Pen tool tweaks and fixes
- Fixed hang that could occur composing vertical centre aligned text
- OpenType handling does not respect lookup flags such as IgnoreMarks
- Hit box of scaled text could be incorrect
- Gradients on text strokes don't render unless the fill also has a gradient
- Fixes for line breaking in some odd cases with punctuation
- Resource Manager updates
- Light UI Improvements
- Many and various Layers Panel updates and fixes
- Clipboard: 32 bit DIB support added
- Auto Flow Place: Added an option to auto-flow place to replace the content of already populated picture frames
- More attributes are retained when replacing images in frames
- Ensure global colour edits update live
- Select Same Name should only select objects with user supplied names
- New clearer icons for stroke properties (cap, join, align)
- Help & localisation improvements.
- Licensing and Registration improvements and new help links
UPDATING TO THIS VERSION (Free for existing customers)
The software version can be seen on the splash screen and the About dialog (in Help > About Affinity Photo).
If you’ve purchased from the Affinity Store — each time you start the Affinity Store software it will check for updates and offer any available update. The latest update will install over the top of any earlier version, with no need to uninstall. You can download the latest installer by logging into the affinity store here and find the order in your account and use the "Download" button in there. Alternatively, this new release (and previous versions of Affinity Photo for Windows) can be downloaded from this link. (that installer is NOT for Windows Store purchases and needs a product key).
If you’ve purchased from the Microsoft Store — Microsoft Store updates are done automatically by the operating system (each time you start the application). If this does not happen for you, open the Windows Store app and click the three dots in the top right corner of the app and then go to Downloads and Updates. Click Get Updates. This should hopefully force the update to show.