We are pleased to announce an update for the iPad release of Affinity Designer 2 for iPad, version 2.0.3
(note this 2.0.3 build calls itself 220.127.116.11 in Preferences, but is nevertheless 2.0.3 for bug reporting purposes)
Changes in this build (since the last release 2.0.2)
- Trash can added bottom left for quick delete (command controller toggle now moved to burger menu)
- Shape Builder Tool now has an additional option to delete open curves that were inside a newly created area - more to come...
- Warp Group editing now supports the Shift modifier to lock node edits to an 8-axis grid. Also can be used with off-curve nodes to maintain their angle while dragging them
- Clearer drop zone indication for dropping layers inside
- New document and open buttons on Home Screen now expand additional options by default (without needing to swipe down) to make them more easily discoverable
- New clearer icons for stroke properties (cap, join, align)
- Fixed spurious future version error under certain circumstances
- Update for HEIF importer
- Colour Panel now remembers user preference for CMYK documents
- Export Panel UI fixes
- Command Controller position should persist across documents and sessions
- Pen tool tweaks and fixes
- Split and Reverse missing from Node Tool
- Gradients on text strokes don't render unless the fill also has a gradient
- Tweaks to fix some spurious behaviour on interaction with Apple Autocorrect
- Fixed hang that could occur composing vertical centre aligned text
- OpenType handling does not respect lookup flags such as IgnoreMarks
- Resource Manager updates
- Fixed various issues involving handling of placed document files
- Fixed crash on Replace Image
- Fixes for Drag Drop of Stock images
- Placed documents with bleed can fail to render the bleed correctly
- Command Controller positioning improvements
- Fixes for Display Scale Zoomed
- Many and various Layers Panel updates and fixes
- Status bar layout / clipping fixes
- Document grid fixes
- Context menu fixes
- Fixed assigning shortcuts from a keyboard cover
- Select Same Name should only select objects with user supplied names
- Unable to open Guide or Grid settings after dismissing by tapping the canvas
- Help and Localisation updates.
- Licensing and Registration improvements and new help links
UPDATING TO THIS VERSION (free for existing customers)
The software version can be seen in the bottom left the corner of preferences screen.
Your Affinity iPad apps should update automatically next time you run them. However, you do need to be logged in with the same Apple ID you used to buy them.
If the automatic update does not happen for you, go to the iPad Store app and go to Updates. Once you’re there, tap near the top of the screen where it states 'Updates' and then hold, pull down and then release. This should manually refresh the updates page. However, don’t panic if the updates are not available for you yet—Apple sometimes phase roll outs around the world and this can take up to 24 hours.